If your growing family is expanding to two-plus babies, you’re going to need to super-size your wheels. Yes, it’s time to start shopping for strollers for twins and multiples.
The dream double-stroller takes the stress out of a busy day with little ones. It provides a smooth ride, is simple to assemble and collapse and has easy-to-rearrange seats.
Choosing the right double stroller for your family depends on your lifestyle, where you live and the age of your kids. From side-by-side and tandem to lighter-weight models, we’ve handpicked a selection of the best strollers for twins and multiples. They’re car seat and bassinet compatible in a range of categories to suit your family’s needs.
Best Strollers For Twins And Multiples: What You Need To Know
There are countless models on the market, but double strollers split into two types: side-by-side, which have two seats next to each other and tandem (also known as inline), which have one seat in front of the other.
Side-By-Side Twin Strollers For Newborns
- Side-by-side strollers mean both children have the same view and lots of legroom.
- Easier to maneuver than tandem strollers.
- Ideal if you spend a lot of time outdoors and cover longer distances.
- Twice as wide as tandem strollers, so take up more space.
- Tricky to get through small doorways, on public transport and down narrow store aisles.
- Easy for squabbling siblings to poke and grab each other.
Tandem Strollers For Multiples
- As wide as a one-seat stroller, so easier to get through doors and down store aisles.
- Sit-and-stand models allow your older child to stand on a riding board while the younger ones are in seats.
- One seat higher than the other means both riders can see what’s going on.
- One child usually has restricted legroom.
- Generally only one seat reclines.
- They can be tricky to move around and aren’t really suited to long walks or running.
Best Twin Strollers For Newborns And Beyond
If you’re looking for a sturdy all-rounder that’s got your future covered, head for the Bugaboo Donkey 5 Twin Complete Stroller. It can be used in mono, duo or twin mode and has a smooth and easy push. Add a ride-along board if you have a toddler. Read our full review and comparison with the Bugaboo Donkey 3.
Why we love it
- A higher bassinet/seat brings your babies closer to you. This means more eye contact and better bonding. It’s also easier to extract whatever you need from your roomy under-storage basket.
- Oh-so-simple to fold and unfold. Collapse both the frame and bassinets and toss in the trunk in seconds!
- Breezy bassinet walls that help regulate your babies’ temperature. Soft transparent mesh allows air to circulate when unsealed and your twins to catch their first glimpses of the outside world and each other. Aww.
- Improved soft-touch fabrics make it super-comfy. And let’s not forget squishy harness shoulder-pads, gorgeous colorways and sophisticated styling.
Best Lightweight Double Stroller
The Valco Baby Duo Trend Double Stroller makes for both a solid day-to-day and travel double stroller. Our reviewers love this ‘amazing’ double stroller, saying it’s ‘super-neat and compact and pushes easily’.
Why we love it
- Can accommodate two bassinets (sold separately) – perfect for newborn twins.
- Lightweight and super-easy to push. It may only weigh 24 lbs, but it packs a punch when it comes to great maneuverability and storage.
- Spacious seats make for a cozy ride. Each seat can recline independently and adjustable footrests mean comfy snoozing.
- Fold with just one hand! Collapse the Duo into a compact package and tote around with the convenient carry handle when folded.
- Keep your older baby or toddler safe. A belly bar is included to prevent any unexpected accidents.
Best Double Stroller For Twins
The Bumbleride Indie Twin is the dream if you have multiple kids. From birth through to toddlerhood, independent seats means you can tailor this hardworking double stroller to your family’s needs.
Why we love it
- Slim design means it fits through most doorways. At just under 30 inches wide, this is a relief if you’re on the hunt for a practical double stroller!
- Air-filled tires and all-wheel suspension make life less stressful. Expect an easy push over rougher terrain and a lighter ride over smoother surfaces.
- There’s a parent-facing option for newborn babies. Add two strong and cozy carrycots (sold separately) for twins.
- Huge shopping basket for a large family’s stuff! More than enough storage is a must when you have multiples.
- Quick and easy fold. Because who needs more hassle when you already have your hands full?
Best Customisable Double Stroller
One of our customers called the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Double Stroller their ‘favorite baby purchase ever – worth every penny!’ We can see why. With more than a dozen configurations, the versatile Vista V2 transforms into any stroller you need it to be, whether you're strolling with a single child, siblings or twins.
Why we love it
- Perfect for growing families. It can be used as a single or double. Start with one child in a bassinet, infant car seat or toddler seat. When your family grows, add a second seat.
- Roomy under-storage basket for all your kit. Babies come with a lot of stuff – this is no problem when using the Vista V2.
- Bring your toddler along for the ride. Simply add a ride-along board to accommodate all your kids.
- Easy, intuitive and compact one-step fold. It can also be folded in both single seat and tandem mode.