Stokke has completely revamped their MyCarrier baby carrier for 2016
into what we think is a really quite brilliant.
There are some really great new features and design tweaks that you are going to love. First of all, the carrier is now available as just a front carrier
or a front-and-back carrier
. This means that if you only plan on front-carrying (which we find many many parents are planning), then you can just buy the front carrier and have all the pieces you need to do so.
The MyCarrier is made up of three different parts - a basic parent harness, a front carrier part and back carrier part. The front- and back carrying parts is specifically designed for these two very different seating positions, that ensures ergonomic seating for your child. The back carrier gives the child the highest seating position for the ultimate, panoramic view of the world.
The MyCarrier is designed with soft and durable, quality materials to withstand repeated use whilst cushioning your little one for a comfortable ride. Available in Organic Cotton or Breathable Mesh textiles.
Some more design improvements:
- Easier to put on, adjust, and handle due to more intuitive buckles and adjustment points
- Due to the improved softness of the parent harness, the carrier is easier to adjust to fit different sized people
- More user-friendly buckles placed on the front carrier itself makes it easier and safer to take in and out the child while still keeping full control of the child.
- More adjustable head support providing an ultimate protection which can be folded down when carrying older babies inward facing
- Due to different fill and some changes on the construction of the partent harness, it is now much softer and more comfortable to wear for a longer period of time
- The softness of the parent harness makes it easier to fold the carrier and put it in a bag or in the shopping basket on your stroller
- The direction of the buckle has been changed so that you pull the straps forward instead of backwards to tighten the hip belt
- There are rubberband on the end of the shoulder straps so that you can roll up the straps and put the rubberband around to avoid long hanging straps
- There is a seat inside the backcarrier that have two different adjustmentpotints (with velcro and push buttons). These two adjustmentpotints have labels indicating age of the child.
- Two aluminum rods with color indicators makes it easy to assemble this to the back carrying piece. Pockets on the back of the parent harness to put them into and push buttons the safely secure the backcarrier. Aluminum hook to fasten the backcarrier on the shoulders of the parent harness.
The Stokke MyCarrier 2016 is a comfortable baby carrier that is suitable for use from 4 weeks. Two front carrying positions and back carrying for your toddler means that it grows with your newborn baby right up to three years of age. With an uncompromising focus on comfort for both you and your baby, Stokke MyCarrier allows you to carry in ease for your whole trip.